Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I
When I woke I didn't realize
I had dreamed of flying invisible

I didn't realize that this was the genesis
of the fading feeling that the heights were not so high
and the growing knowledge
that I would not ascend there

II
Let's lie together and look
at the ceiling tile, dear,
our imagination free
to fly along those lines, not clouds

we've forgotten the ghosts of this place
and even those of our minds;
the impulses that still float from where our dreams
are buried will settle
out into an atmospheric sheild to burn away
wild particles of unknown space

III
But lost love emits an energy that starts new stars
and the beginning of the universe
is a red burning!, buried
in forgetting,
a fleeing of a memory

a forgetting
as from a changing of forms
settle back into the bed you
know we do not need to rise now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home