Sunday, January 10, 2010

Universe Diagnostics

when the big moon
comes out like a leak
in the purple heaven
and the stars I suppose
are out there too behind the street-
light beacons that announce
to whoever:
a bunch of us humans
live here and we have better things
to be seeing

when the night gets on
to a certain point
then in our heads a switch
goes off, or maybe on,
and we are chock full of these
sentimental sayings, for example

last night, how I said
babe, you're the real thing
and if you aren't happy
something is broken
in the universe

and you replied that we should
call someone up right away
and see if they could put in an order
to have that checked on

sure, in the morning this seems
so stupid, but didn't we
believe it then? I know
I did, and I am
starting universe diagnostics
today, right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home