Friday, January 20, 2006

How bleak the world appears to me tonight. I just got done looking at my financial situation; I was born free, but everywhere I am in chains! There is a weight in the guilt of money ill-spent, but how much greater the weight of an inevitable situation that has already dug the grave for my hopes and dreams (though that grave need not be deep, for they are so flimsy they will be forgotten, will vanish, before the time required for a natural decomposition).

How fortunate for me that our civilisation has progressed to the point where major banking corporations will assist me in discovering myself through a liberal arts education. If only I could shed the weight of their cold fingers along with the old skin of my youth, if they laid claim only to that former self, who was the one who signed their papers. Even my signature has changed!

If I had known five years ago how much ill I now lay at the door of that fool of a youth, I suppose I would have shuddered. In fact, there was a period of time in which I was depressed beyond anything I have known since, which was perhaps the result of my current ire, who knows. Now that I am looking in the maw of an upcoming return to school, I am haunted by the ghosts of my undergrad days, which I have no doubt will be incorporated into new devils to cavort under the fingers of new userers (I mean, venture capitalists in my rosy future). How comforting to know that future at least still awaits, and if my dreams are buried, perhaps now I may venture to hope I will one day succeed as a practical career man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home